A vigintillion is equal to 1063 in the short scale, or 10120 in the long scale. It is the largest -illion with a name in the English language other than the much larger centillion, although the extended names to the -illions like unvigintillion have been recognized by many people as well.
In the long scale, 1063 is called decilliard, which is commonly used in France and Germany.
This number is also called icosihenillion in Russ Rowlett's Greek-based naming system of -illions.
- 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 - short scale
- 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 - long scale
List of prefixed numbers derived from vigintillion Edit
|Name||Short scale||Long scale|
- The volume of the Virgo Super Cluster (The super cluster in which we reside) is roughly 3.54 vigintillion cubic kilometers.
- There is about 1 vigintillion possible chess combinations.
- For prefixes that mean multipling by one vigintillion, see Prefix 10^63.
- ↑ Vigintillion at Wolfram MathWorld
- ↑ Illion Numbers by Jonathan Bowers
- ↑ Names for Large Numbers
- ↑ Saibian, Sbiis. Larger numbers in science.