This number is also called tetrillion in Russ Rowlett's Greek-based naming system.
It is also the first -illion to exceed 1010 in the short scale.
- The nearest star to the Earth (besides the sun), Alpha Centauri, is over 26 trillion miles away.
- The human body contains somewhere around 50 trillion cells.
- There are roughly a trillion fish in the world.
- The SI prefix tera- multiplies by one trillion.
- If one sandcastle contains one million grains of sand then you could make one million sandcastles with 1 trillion grains of sand.
- 1 trillion flops or operations per second is called a teraflop.
As a banknote denomination Edit
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.