In the long scale, 1015 is called billiard (not to be confused with a game), which is commonly used in France and Germany.
This number is also called pentillion in Russ Rowlett's Greek-based naming system.
Sbiis Saibian gave the names small fry, guppycrumb, and minnowspeck, referring to the value of this number.
This number is known as a padma in the Indian counting system.
- The Niagara Falls use up a quadrillion gallons in a little over 210 years.
- The Great Lakes have a volume of about 6 quadrillion gallons.
- The universe is about 473 quadrillion seconds old.
- It is about 586 quadrillion miles from one end of the Milky Way to the other.
- The SI prefix peta- multiplies by one quadrillion.
As a banknote denomination Edit
Only the Hungarian pengő had banknotes with this number in the denomination.
- ↑ Quadrillion at Wolfram MathWorld
- ↑ Names for Large Numbers
- ↑ Hyper-E Notation, Large Numbers
- ↑ 
- ↑ Template:Citation/CS1