In the long scale, 109 is called milliard, whereas "billion" refers to 1012. These definitions are no longer used in English-speaking countries, but there are equivalents in other languages such as French and German.
This number is called one arab in the Indian number system.
- One billion seconds is roughly 31.7 years, and billion minutes is nearly two millenia. 12:32 AM, April 29, 1902 marked exactly one billion minutes from 1 A.D.
- The internet contains more than a billion webpages.
- It would take 951 years for a faucet running on full power to waste a billion gallons of water.
- Gangnam Style, a hit single/music video by Korean rapper PSY, became the first YouTube video to reach 1 billion views in December 2012. It has nearly 3 billion views, and it held the former record of the video with the most views. The current record is Despacito with more than 4.14 billion views.
- The world population is around 7.5 billion.
- The SI prefix giga- multiplies by one billion.
- You could make 1,000 sand castles each containing a million grains of sand with 1 billion grains of sand.
- The oldest billionaire of all time was Walter Haefner who died at the age of 101.
- ↑ Billion at Wolfram MathWorld
- ↑ Template:Citation/CS1
- ↑ 
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Template:Citation/CS1
- ↑ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_viewed_YouTube_videos