10 is the base of our number system, called decimal, which is caused by the fact humans have ten fingers.
10 is a the fourth left factorial.
It is one of few non-single-digit numbers that has its own emoji: 🔟
- 10 is an even composite number.
- 10 is the 4th triangular number.
- 10 is the 3rd tetrahedral number.
- A ten sided shape is called a decagon.
In googology Edit
Due to its ubiquity as a number base, many googologisms are based on the number ten:
- All the -illion numbers and SI prefixes (deca- in particular is exactly 10)
- Googol, googolplex and their variants
- A large portion of Jonathan Bowers' numbers (aside from those based on 3)
- Almost all of Sbiis Saibian's numbers. Menger sponge is a counterexample.
A number is divisible by 10 if it ends in 0. This makes ten the easiest number to test for divisibility, and is a consequence of ten as our number base.
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found